Thursday, May 6, 2010

Speech

Brooklyn studders sometimes so we decided to get her speech checked.  I went through the school system.  At her evaluation today they decided she doesn't say a lot of sounds properly and want to re-evaluated her in october.  If she hasn't gotten better with it by then she'll do therapy.  They also tested her for learning disabilities (just procedure).  They were shocked she could identify all of the ABC's except three on the first try.  She can also count to 20 and identify and write most of her numbers.  I asked them if they thought she should go to pre-k next fall.  All three ladies agreed she was already above pre-k levels for a lot of things and unless I wanted her in for social reasons they saw no reason for her to go to.  I was so proud of how well she is developing and growing.  I'm thinking that in the next few weeks I am going to start working with her reading words.

No comments: