Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another lab test

Lets back up to last week.  I had a follow up appointment with the G.I. Dr.  It went okay.  I am to stay on the diet I am following already.  We had a discussion about me possibly having a gluten allergy.  I was sent to the lab for some blood work.  I don't  have that particular allergy but my glucose was 161 (it should be around 70-110) and my inflammatory CRP number was 32 (it should be no higher then 8).  I went back in today to get my glucose checked again to see if I am diabetic or pre-diabetic.  If I am either of those I can possibly just control them with diet and excersize.  My diet will change some, but not to much so that part will be easy, the excersizing not so easy.  I should find out about my blood work in the morning.  I don't know if I could get anymore drawn.  I still have a bruise on my arm from last week so I asked if they could take from my left arm today.  The lady stuck me, then had to dig the needle around and still couldn't find the vein.  After a minute or two of pain I told them to take it out and just do my right arm.  To be nice she used a smaller needle.  It hurt like crazy because she stuck right in the middle of the already bruise.  Giving blood doesn't usually bother me but I think this morning might have scarred me for life!

No comments: