Thursday, July 22, 2010

cute outfits

Aren't these skirts adorable?  Mrs. Murl got them for the girls.  Brooklyn instantly loved it.  She has worn it two or three times this week!  Thanks for another cute outfit :)
Brooklyn made a "dress shop" with some blankets and one dress.  I kept asking her for a dress in my size but to no avail.  I left empty handed.  She told me to look online! 
I have always wanted to make a basic yoke smocked dress, so I did.  I feel that after a certain size kids are just to big for a bishops smocked dress.  This was so easy to smock but the instructions weren't very clear so I had to make up how to put it together.  I think I did a pretty good job on it.  I love the fabric too.  It has little fairy tale characters on it.  I think it is time for me to learn how to smock patterns.  I'm trying to decided what to do for the girls christmas dresses!  Hopefully Sophia will work with me sunday morning so I can I can get a pic of her in it.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

that smocked dress is adorable. i think a girl can wear a bishop dress until she is about five. cana wore them when she was even six.

PapaJeff said...

Very nice work, JB. You're getting good at this stuff:).